CPT Coding and Documentation: Integumentary System
In this lecture, we will discuss common skin procedures that require medical coding including biopsies, excisions, incisions and drainage, wound care, and skin grafts. Accurate documentation is essential for proper medical coding, as the codes assigned depend on the specific details of the procedure and the patient’s condition.
1 CEU AAPC or AHIMA
- Using CPT and ICD-10 CM coding systems for skin procedures and understanding how to use these systems properly
- How to ensure that all details of the procedure are documented, including the diagnosis, any treatments provided, and any complications that occurred during the procedure.
- Using specific codes while avoiding “unspecified” codes
- Understand the bundling and unbundling rules to avoid billing errors.
- Review recent coding changes
- Internet Speed: Preferably above 1 MBPS
About the instructor
CCS,CPC,CPC-I,CPMA,CRC,CGSC,COPC,AAPC Approved Instructor
I serve as the Director of Education and Coding for Oncospark. I brings impact and results with 20+ years of proven healthcare revenue cycle experience and effective instruction through Spark Advisory Network for 1000+ students. I have embraced the changes in the billing and coding space by embracing the movement to value-based care and software deployment across specialties. I am committed to teaching others the intricate world of billing and coding and the future of the space.
I hold the following credentials CCS,CPC,CRC,CPMA,CGSC,COPC,CPCI and serve as the Consulting Editor for the AAPC Codify Podiatry Newsletter
I started my Career in 2000 and have worked in many specialized areas of Coding including Orthopedics, Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Podiatry and many more. My coding team provides Auditing, Consulting, RCM services, Credentialing and Compliance through our team of experts.
I am the host of the podcast “Healthcare Crossroads ” discussing connections in HealthcareData, ComplianceandPatientCare. It is available on many podcast stations.
I have served as Education Officer for the Joplin MO AAPC Chapter previously and has written articles for AAPC Healthcare Business Monthly. I am a National public speaker and have been a past speaker at AAPC Healthcon as well as many specialty conferences and events both Virtually and In-person including Decision Health for Orthopedics.